Ready in 29minutes
this Blackened Air Fryer Salmon recipe, topped off with a fresh cucumber-avocado salsa, has the perfect texture & just the right amount of heat.
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 4 (100g) Refine raw wild salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Persian (mini) cucumbers* diced
- 6 ounces Hass avocado (1 large) diced
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Spray both sides fo the fish with oil and rub all over. Coat the fish all over with the spices.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Working in batches, arrange the salmon fillets skin side down in the air fryer basket.
- Cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. (For a toaster oven-style air fryer, the temperature and timing remain the same.)
- Serve topped with the salsa.
- In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for 5 minutes, then add the cucumbers and avocado.