Ready in 40minutes
- wild salmon, 2 individual portions
- 1½ pints of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, shaved
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Into a baking dish add the tomatoes,some fresh snipped basil, garlic and shallots, drizzle everything with olive oil, a little salt and pepper and roast uncovered for 15 minutes
- Place salmon, skin side down on tomato-shallot mixture.
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered 15 to 18 minutes depending on how thick your fish is basting it once with all those juices during the cooking time.
- Place dollops of basil pesto on cooked fish when finished. (optional)
- Garnish with lemon zest.